200 Women: Who Will Change The Way You See The World
This Hardcover book features 200 incredible women. 126 hours of interviews. 16,000 photographs. 5 questions.
A snapshot of female life around the globe: This collection of interviews with 200 women from a variety of backgrounds takes you on a journey that’s heartbreaking and uplifting. Each woman shares her unique reply to the same five questions: What really matters to you?, What brings you happiness?, What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?, What would you change if you could?, and Which single word do you most identify with? The variety of answers offers gifts of empowerment and strength – inviting us to bring positive change at a time when so many are fighting for basic freedom and equality.
- Jane Goodall, conservation and animal welfare activist
- Margaret Atwood, author and winner of The Booker Prize
- Roxane Gay, author and feminist
- Renée Montagne, former host of NPR's Morning Edition
- Alicia Garza, activist and co-founder of Black Lives Matter
- Alfre Woodard, award-winning actor and activist
- Marian Wright Edelman, head of the Children's Defense Fund
- Lydia Ko, professional golfer and Olympian
- Dolores Huerta, labor activist, community organizer, and co-founder of the National Farm Workers Association
- Alice Waters, chef, author, and food rights advocate
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author and Macarthur Foundation fellow
Each interview is accompanied by a photographic portrait, resulting in a volume that is compelling in word and image—and global in its scope and resonance. This landmark book is published to coincide with an interactive website, building on this remarkable, ever-evolving project.
200 Women reminds us that there are no ordinary women.
- Makes a wonderful birthday, graduation, or going away gift for every woman to encourage personal growth.
Great coffee table book to spark conversations about powerful and inspirational women around the globe.
About the Author:
Kieran Scott is a photographer whose work has appeared in magazines, books, and campaigns. He is based in New Zealand.
Ruth Hobday and Geoff Blackwell are the creative team behind such bestselling projects as Nelson Mandela's Conversations with Myself. Worldwide travelers, they are based in New Zealand.
Sharon Gelman is an award-winning human rights activist, writer, and media producer, who lives in Washington, D.C.
Our daily mission is to awaken and inspire with passion the creative spirit within those we serve. We house Lancaster City's most extensive collection of botanically correct silk flowers, boutique clothing, cards, jewelry and accessories, home décor and a large selection of locally made soy candles.
Our 2600 square foot store, located in a historic Lancaster City firehouse, boasts an amazing vibe of urban city and is merchandised like no other boutique in the area.